We’re looking forward to having you in a course soon, in as safe a manner as possible. Nicely, we are fortunate to have a great set up for our courses, following the below measures.
- Courses are held in covered outdoor spaces or large, airy indoor spaces as weather dictates, with access to clean and sanitized restrooms and/or portalets, hands-free hand wash stations with soap and running water, and strict disinfecting measures.
- Each person present will wear a face mask as a default for the duration of the course – and specifically when practicing patient care and using the shared restroom facilities. We will be able to spread further apart and remove our masks during lunch and breaks, and there is ample room in our outdoor classroom for students to do this during lectures as they like.
- With the end goal of learning how to treat human beings, participants must bring their own patient – a non-socially-distanced family member, co-worker, friend or loved one. (We’ll provide you with your own CPR manikin during CPR courses.) Your patient partner can audit for free or take the course to become certified, as they choose.
- Each student group will work in their own dedicated, physically distant “station”.
- Participant numbers are limited as needed to comply with state law at the time of the course.
- All students must bring their own food, water and gear. Here is a complete course packing list.
- We will assume any one of us might be an asymptomatic carrier, and will direct participants to self-screen in advance of the course and each morning of the course.
- Those who have any symptoms or who feel ill in any way should not come to class! Anyone needing to reschedule for any reason will receive full refund or credit for another course, no questions asked.
- Importantly, please check Vermont travel and other COVID guidelines to make sure you are in compliance.
- All guests at camping and lodging establishments must be prepared to complete this Certificate of Compliance. These are some local camping and lodging options.
Here is a link to the Train NEK WFR Refresher dates. Here are the Train NEK Wilderness First Aid options. And here are Train NEK Wilderness First Responder dates. Eventbrite registration links are on each page, or you can always mail a check to save Eventbrite fees.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and do take care of yourselves! We hope to see you soon.