Host a Course
Why Host a First Aid, CPR, or Backcountry Emergency Medicine Course?
Want a private course for your group? Need a different location or dates than you see listed? Consider hosting your own course!
Hosting a course at your site helps your organization engage with employees and/or the public in a new and fun manner, offers an enriching bonding experience for your team, adds value to the region by increasing the number of trained individuals in your area, and lets others know you are invested in your community.
How do I Host a Course through Train NEK?
- What? Learn about the different courses we teach. Decide which course suits your needs, or contact us to discuss a custom course. Text or call (802) 522-0769 or email <info at trainNEK dot com>.
- Where? Decide on (and secure) a location. We’ll need a classroom or meeting area (preferably a covered outdoor space, as weather allows) with enough room for practical sessions. Each pair or trio of students will need their own 9′ x 9′ space/station, and class size will be limited based on science and current Vermont guidelines. Even if class will be held indoors (with lots of windows and doors for ventilation), we’ll need an outdoor area for practical scenarios. It saves transition time if the indoor classroom is at ground level, with easy access to the outdoor space. We don’t need tables, but we do need sufficient seating, parking spots, and access to restrooms with soap and hot running water.
- Who? Your course can either be open to the public, or private to meet the needs of your group.
- When? Choose dates that will work well for your target audience.
- How? Registration can either run through you or through us; call to discuss (802) 522-0769. If it’s open to the public, you’ll want to promote your course; the course will also be listed on the Train NEK and SOLO websites. If your course is closed to the public, you’ll just need to communicate the details to your group.
- How Much? Prices are provided in each course listing. There are no additional costs for courses held within one hour of Peacham. For courses further than one hour from Peacham, your group will need to provide or reimburse for lodging (no shared rooms or bathrooms), meals ($35/day) and mileage (fifty cents per mile).
- Contact us to schedule your course: (802) 522-0769 or email@example.com
© Train NEK | Wilderness Medicine 2020