Train NEK’s COVID Measures
HOW DO I JOIN A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
- Learn about the different courses we teach. We offer SOLO certifying courses in CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder, plus courses customized to meet your group’s specific needs.
- View all our upcoming courses to see if there’s an open course you can jump into.
- Register for a course.
- If you want to schedule a course for different dates and/or for a particular group, see below, “How Do I Host a Course?”
- Figure out where you’ll be staying. Here are local lodging and camping options.
- Pack your bags! Here is the course packing list.
- Need something else? Questions? Give us a holler at 802-522-0769.
WHERE DO I STAY DURING MY COURSE?
There are lots of options for camping and lodging near Train NEK – not just during your course, but before and after too! Extending your stay will enable you to take advantage of the great things going on in our region.
HOW DO I HOST A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
Want a different location or dates than you see listed? Would a course closed to the general public work better for your group? Consider hosting your own course!
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO PARTICIPATE IN A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
The minimum age to participate in certification courses not customized for youth is 16, or as young as 14 with advance parental and Train NEK permission. Please note that in order to become certified, an individual must demonstrate their ability to respectfully perform the necessary patient physical exam on others, as taught in the course. Certificates of Completion are available for anyone who may prefer to audit.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY?
Payment in full is due from individuals upon registration. Contracted groups/organizations can be invoiced following their course.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Courses hosted by Train NEK with at least two participants registered 48 hours prior (you need a patient and a rescuer, after all!) will run in all but extreme weather or circumstances.
We prioritize health and safety, and our cancellation policy is quite simple: anyone can cancel for a full credit or refund, minus any nonrefundable Eventbrite fee, no questions asked. (Eventbrite does not necessarily refund their fees if you cancel, even if it’s due to COVID, so we recommend sending a check instead, if your plans are uncertain.) If you or someone in your home feels sick, we want you to stay home and take care of yourself so you can get well and get back out there soon!
WILL IT BE FUN?
© Train NEK | Wilderness Medicine 2020