HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
- Learn about the different courses we teach. We offer SOLO certifying courses in CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder, plus courses customized to meet your group’s specific needs.
- View our upcoming courses to see if there’s an open course you can jump into.
- Register to save your space in one of two ways: For any of our courses, you can complete and submit this information with a check to Train NEK, PO Box 132, Peacham, VT 05862. Your space is reserved once we receive the information plus payment. Or, if there is a live link associated with a course, you can register online using a credit or debit card through Train NEK’s Eventbrite account (additional Eventbrite/credit card fee applies).
- If you want to schedule a course for different dates and/or for a particular group, see below, “How Do I Host a Course?” Remember, we can customize courses for your group, usually at no additional cost.
- Pack your bags! Here is a recommended packing list.
- Need something else? Questions? Give us a holler at 802-522-0769.
HOW DO I HOST A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
- What? Learn about the different courses we teach. Decide which type of course will suit your needs, or contact us to talk about customizing a course. Text or call (802) 522-0769 or email <info at train NEK dot com>.
- Where? Decide on a location. Train NEK can find a good location in or near your preferred town. OR you can secure your own site. There’s a 10% discount on non-custom courses for contracted groups of ten or more who secure their own site! You’ll need a classroom or meeting area with enough space to hold practical sessions – about 400 square feet for every 12 students – and a nearby outdoor area for outdoor scenarios. It’s not crucial, but it saves transition time if the indoor space is on the first floor within easy access of the outdoor space. We don’t need tables, but we do need sufficient seating, restrooms and parking spots. Many locations, including many municipal buildings, fire departments and libraries, can be reserved for no or next-to-no cost.
- Who? Decide if you prefer to open the course to the public, or to keep the course private to meet the needs of your specific group (for team bonding, specific scenarios, focus on a particular population, etc).
- When? Choose dates that will work well for your target audience.
- How? Registration can either run through you or through us; call to discuss (802) 522-0769. If it’s open to the public, you’ll want to promote your course. We’ll set up the registration link and will help you with promotions, and the course will be listed on the Train NEK and SOLO websites. If your course is private (closed to the public), you’ll just need to communicate the details to your group. Either way, we’ll help you compile all the necessary information for participants.
- How Much? Prices are provided in each course listing. Contracted, non-custom courses for groups of ten or more who secure their own location receive a 10% tuition discount. There are no instructor food, mileage, or lodging costs for courses hosted within one hour of Peacham. For courses further than one hour from Peacham, your group will need to provide or reimburse for lodging (no shared rooms or bathrooms), meals ($35/day) and mileage (fifty cents per mile).
- Contact us now to schedule your course! (802) 522-0769
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO PARTICIPATE IN A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
The minimum age to participate in certification courses not customized for youth is 16, or as young as 14 with advance parental and Train NEK permission. Please note that in order to become certified, an individual must demonstrate their ability to respectfully perform the necessary patient physical exam on others, as taught in the course. Certificates of Completion are available for anyone who may prefer to audit.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY?
Payment in full is due from individuals upon registration. Contracted groups/organizations can be invoiced following their course.
CAN I GET A REFUND?
Courses with at least two participants registered 48 hours prior (you need a patient and a rescuer, after all!) will run in all but extreme weather or circumstances. Cancellations outside of two days from the course will be refunded minus any Eventbrite fee. If you have to cancel within two days of the course, your tuition will be applied to any future course. Refunds in full will be given if Train NEK has to cancel a course.
WILL IT BE FUN?