HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
- Learn about the different courses we teach. We offer SOLO certifying courses in CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder, plus courses customized to meet your group’s specific needs.
- View all our upcoming courses at a glance to see if there’s an open course you can jump into.
- Register to save your space in one of two ways: For any of our courses, you can complete and submit this information with a check to Train NEK, PO Box 132, Peacham, VT 05862. Your space is reserved once we receive the information plus payment. Or you can register online using a credit or debit card through Train NEK’s Eventbrite account (NOTE: Additional Eventbrite/credit card fee applies AND you will lose your Eventbrite fees if you have to cancel).
- If you want to schedule a course for different dates and/or for a particular group, see below, “How Do I Host a Course?”
- Figure out where you’ll be staying. Here are local lodging and camping options.
- Pack your bags! Here is the course packing list.
- Need something else? Questions? Give us a holler at 802-522-0769.
WHERE DO I STAY DURING MY COURSE?
There are lots of options for camping and lodging near Train NEK – not just during your course, but before and after too! Extending your stay will enable you to take advantage of the great things going on in our region.
HOW DO I HOST A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
Want a different location or dates than you see listed? Would a course closed to the general public work better for your group? Consider hosting your own course!
- What? Learn about the different courses we teach. Decide which course will suit your needs, or contact us to talk about customizing a course. Text or call (802) 522-0769 or email <info at train NEK dot com>.
- Where? Decide on and secure a location. We’ll need a classroom or meeting area (preferably a covered outdoor space, as weather allows) with enough room to hold practical sessions. Each pair or trio of students will need their own 9′ x 9′ space/station, and class size will be limited based on science and current Vermont guidelines. Even if class will be held indoors (with lots of windows and doors for ventilation), we’ll need an outdoor area for practical scenarios. It saves transition time if the indoor classroom is at ground level, with easy access to the outdoor space. We don’t need tables, but we do need sufficient seating, restrooms and parking spots, and access to indoor restrooms with soap and hot running water.
- Who? Decide if you prefer to open the course to the public, or to keep the course private to meet the needs of your specific group (for team bonding, specific scenarios, focus on a particular population, etc).
- When? Choose dates that will work well for your target audience.
- How? Registration can either run through you or through us; call to discuss (802) 522-0769. If it’s open to the public, you’ll want to promote your course. We’ll set up the registration link and will help you with promotions, and the course will be listed on the Train NEK and SOLO websites. If your course is private (closed to the public), you’ll just need to communicate the details to your group. Either way, we’ll help you compile all the necessary information for participants.
- How Much? Prices are provided in each course listing. There are no instructor food, mileage, or lodging costs for courses hosted within one hour of Peacham. For courses further than one hour from Peacham, your group will need to provide or reimburse for lodging (no shared rooms or bathrooms), meals ($35/day) and mileage (fifty cents per mile).
- Contact us now to schedule your course! (802) 522-0769
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO PARTICIPATE IN A TRAIN NEK COURSE?
The minimum age to participate in certification courses not customized for youth is 16, or as young as 14 with advance parental and Train NEK permission. Please note that in order to become certified, an individual must demonstrate their ability to respectfully perform the necessary patient physical exam on others, as taught in the course. Certificates of Completion are available for anyone who may prefer to audit.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY?
Payment in full is due from individuals upon registration. Contracted groups/organizations can be invoiced following their course.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Courses hosted by Train NEK with at least two participants registered 48 hours prior (you need a patient and a rescuer, after all!) will run in all but extreme weather or circumstances.
We prioritize health and safety, and our cancellation policy is quite simple: anyone can cancel for a full credit or refund, minus any nonrefundable Eventbrite fee, no questions asked. (Eventbrite is no longer refunding their fees if you cancel, even if it’s due to COVID, so we recommend sending a check instead.) If you or someone in your home feels sick, we want you to stay home and take care of yourself so you can get well and get back out there soon!
WILL IT BE FUN?
© Train NEK | Wilderness Medicine 2020