SOLO Wilderness First Aid (WFA) with Train NEK
Join TRAIN NEK in beautiful Vermont to earn your SOLO Wilderness First Aid or to renew your SOLO Wilderness First Responder* certification!
Saturday and Sunday, April 4 and 5, 9a-6p, Northfield Saturday and Sunday, April 25 and 26, 9a-6p, East Burke Monday and Tuesday, May 11 and 12, 9a-6p, Peacham Tuesday and Wednesday, June 2 and 3, 9a-6p, St. Johnsbury Saturday and Sunday, June 13 and 14, 9a-6p, Peacham
- Saturday and Sunday, July 11 and 12, 9a-6p, Peacham
- Saturday and Sunday, July 25 and 26, 9a-6p, East Burke
- Saturday and Sunday, September 19 and 20, 9a-6p, Peacham
- Saturday and Sunday, November 21 and 22, 9a-6p, Peacham
- Thursday and Friday, December 17 and 18, 9a-6p, Peacham
What is Taught? The two-day SOLO Wilderness First Aid (WFA) curriculum focuses on: Prevention, Response and Assessment, Initial Life Threats, Musculoskeletal Injuries including splinting and treatment of spine injuries, Environmental Emergencies including the layering system and warming patients, Soft Tissue Injuries and Infection, and Medical Emergencies.
What is Included? Cost of $200 includes instruction, certification fee, and training materials. Need CPR certification? We hold an optional CPR course at the end of Day One for an additional $40. Certification is good for two years, and you recertify by taking the course again.
Who is This For? The WFA course is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and trip leaders who want a basic level of backcountry first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. This includes hikers, climbers, paddlers, bikers, scouts, skiers, surveyors, and archaeologists – anyone who wants to feel more independent, empowered and capable outside. It also meets ACA guidelines, and can be used to recertify the SOLO Wilderness First Responder*. For those who are regularly responsible for others on more advanced/remote outings, we recommend the Wilderness First Responder..
What Should I Bring? WFA students are asked to bring clothing suitable for being active outside much of the day in any weather (i.e. rolling around on the ground pretending to be injured, and kneeling next to mock patients). They should also bring additional outdoor layers to use for warming and treating patients. Lodging and meals are not included. Here is a link to a complete packing list, which should hopefully also give you an idea of what to expect for the class. Directions are sent to students upon registration.
TWO OPTIONS FOR PAYMENT
SAVE MONEY! MAIL A NOTE WITH COURSE TITLE, START DATE, STUDENT NAME, EMAIL AND PHONE # AND A CHECK FOR $200 ($240 WITH CPR) TO TRAIN NEK, PO BOX 132, PEACHAM, VT 05862. (WE’LL EMAIL YOU CONFIRMATION ONCE YOUR CHECK IS RECEIVED.)
PAY BY CREDIT CARD ONLINE (ADDITIONAL EVENTBRITE FEE APPLIES) BY CLICKING ON YOUR DESIRED COURSE BELOW.
* As of January 1, 2020, only SOLO Wilderness First Responders will be able to recertify using a SOLO Wilderness First Aid course. Students with certification from Wilderness Medical Associates, Wilderness Medicine Institute, University of Vermont, Aerie Backcountry Medicine, ASHI, Wilderness Medicine Outfitters, Wilderness Medicine Training Center, and Remote Medical International should instead choose SOLO’s “Wilderness First Responder Refresher” course. SOLO does not currently have reciprocity with any other training organizations.
© Train NEK | Wilderness Medicine 2020